Thursday, March 7, 2013

5,6,7,8...


I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what it too deep to find for words.  -Ruth St. Denis

Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. -Martha Graham

These are two if my favorite quotes. I grew up dancing. I was a dancer, I am a dancer. Even though I no longer dance (in my house doesn't count) I will always be a dancer in my heart. In the heart, that is where a dancer is made. From 4-19 I lived and breathed dance. I knew nothing else that made me feel the way I feel about dance. I owe this great talent/passion to the most dedicated dance instructor I have known. Miss Vicki! I feel like when most people think of a dance teacher "Abby". The mean dance lady from "Dance Moms". I really dislike that show. Dance is an intense sport. Yes, I said sport but no I will not argue if dance is or is not a sport. Anyone who is a dancer knows that it is an art and a sport and a way of life.  While being intense there is a line that keeps it from being mean. I believe this line to be based on "constructive criticism". 
       
A recommended set of instructions that aims to collaboratively improve     the overall quality of a product or service. Often containing helpful and specific suggestions for positive change, constructive criticism is highly focused on a particular issue or set of issues, as opposed to providing general feedback on the item or organization as a whole.

 A term that I leaned from dance and have taken to every aspect of my life. I always appreciate constructive criticism. This is a way for peers to help each other become better!  
I could talk about dance ALL day but there are really two reasons I wanted to write this post. 
1. I really miss dance
2. I want to share some dance videos with y'all

Here are some of my favorite dance videos...







No comments:

Post a Comment