Sunday, March 3, 2013

Been There, Tried That...

I am thinking I am going to share with y'all things that I have  found on Pinterest and tried myself.  Some of which worked and some of which did not! 
I have three I will share today! 

 When I saw this picture I was just about to move in with James in Alabama (where we are for a couple more months). I liked the idea of framing a house key a lot but I changed it up a bit! 
1. I found a map of Alabama that had Enterprise (the city we live in) on it. 
2. I printed the map in the size 5x7  to fit the frame I bought.
3. I drew a heart around our city
4. I made a copy of the house key at Lowes for around $2
5. I then used super glue to glue the key to the map. 
6. Placed the map in the frame and then ALL DONE! 

It was so simple and I have gotten a few complements about how cool it is! 
I think this is a great idea for military families because there will most likely be a few different cities and house keys in your life. What a great way to remember the first one! 

My finished product ---------------------->












 When James moved to Alabama I still had 6 months in Tennessee before I could join him. It was tough but I got to visit him at least once a month. I found a cute idea of a dry erase picture frame to leave notes. I made him one and he put it beside the bed. I left him a note every time I visited and it stayed there until my next visit! After I moved it we would write notes on it from time to time. 

This picture shows it with a quote that we both love!


My favorite thing to do on Pinterest is find recipes. When I  moved to Alabama 9 months ago my cooking was pretty limited. Mac and Cheese, Chicken, Burgers, Deer, and eggs. Since then I like to think that I have became a pretty good cook. I owe that credit to pinterest. That is where I have found almost all of my recipes. 
I decided that like all websites Pinterest will probably run its course and something new will come along. So I thought it might be best to print the recipes I find. I haven't gotten them all printed yet and I add more everyday but I have printed a lot of them. I even printed them a second time to give to a friend. This is something that could make nice house warming gift or graduation gift. 

 :) More to come!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment