Tuesday, January 20, 2015

single parentling is for the birds

Hats off to the single parents. I have no idea how single parents do what they do ALL the time. My husband has been out of town for two weeks and today I had a very grumpy baby and it was very hard to handle all day as a 'single parent.' I miss him all the time but today I missed him even more. While I know his job is very important and I know I am more than capable of managing on my own I just wished he was here so bad today. I wanted his support, I wanted his love, I wanted his help, but most of all I wanted his hugs. He did send 1 voice mail and 1 video for each of us! I play them multiple times a day for Morgan and watch her smile so big when she hears her daddy! We have been working on Da Da Da Da with no luck. I am trying to get her to say it before he comes home so she can say it to him right away. Yesterday our conversation went like this:
Mama "Da"
Morgan "Goo"
Mama "Da"
Morgan "Waa"
Mama "Da"
Morgan "ah ooh" 
haha It's silly and I love it!
2 weeks down, 3 to go! 


Okay enough of the downer talk...

Amidst all the grumpyness Morgan had tonight I tried to put on a set of Jamberry nail wraps. This doesn't work well when as of now apparently Morgan is afraid of the blow dryer (which you use to adhere the wrap to your nail)...it used to put her to sleep! I got two nails on when I realized this was not going to happen tonight. So, I took those two off and will just have to have bare nails until I can get some mama pamper time when my mom comes to visit the start of next month. Ohhh I will also be getting a massage while she is here and I couldn't be more excited. I had a sore neck since Morgan was born six months ago. I know, I know I stare down at her too much. But, how can I help it when she is so stinkin' cute!

Baby Morgan had peas for the first time today! She loved them! I think this is great because peas are my favorite! 
I read on a question board today that a pea is in the same family as a peanut because it comes in a "pod".....FALSE a pea is a lentil. Named from the lens shape of its seed. I really wish that people wouldn't post things like that online because for a few minutes I actually believed it. In my defense they did state that their doctor told them that. But, upon very little research it was clear they are wrong. 
In the process of discrediting this source I did learn that peas are high in fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin K, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, and lutein. GO PEAS! 
Hmmm, what to try next? Green beans or avocado? 3 days to figure it out!

I am also trying to get Morgan to sleep in her crib instead of in the bassinet in our room. I know 6 months is a little late to be doing this but eh that's what we decided to do. I have found we are NOT a cry it out family. I didn't like the idea of it from the start but I gave it a try for half a night and it was very clear to me that it was not going to be for us. So on the second day we started the no cry method. Instead of leaving a baby to cry you go to them when they cry and comfort them, rock them back to sleep, and then put them down again. As many times as it takes. Though it is a lot of picking up, putting down, picking up, putting down it was so much better for us. Morgan went to sleep comforted and it was no stress on me. I really didn't like the idea of her going to sleep upset, scared, frustrated, alone...whatever she was feeling couldn't have been good thoughts. 
Any tips are welcome! 

Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment