Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Big Day For The Lewellyn's

SUNDAY!!! 

Ever since James and I have started going to church I really look forward to Sundays! We didn't really go to church when I was growing up. I remember going when I was really young but not when I was old enough to understand what was going on. Once I was in college I always wanted to go but I wasn't sure where to go since I was in a different town and honestly I was intimidated. I felt like I didn't know as much as I should.
When James and started dating we always wanted to go but it never worked out because I had to work every Sunday. 
Since we have lived in Alabama we decided we wanted to make church a part of our lives. We found a church that we though we liked. We went a couple of times but it turned out that it was not the right place for us. We then found the church we are currently going to and we love it! We had are both believers in Christ but neither one of us has ever been baptized. We made that commitment today! We got up in front of everyone and made our commitment! So, sometime soon we will both be baptized! :)

After Church we came home and made today a super lazy day! Haha it seems like everyday is a lazy day this past week. James is on two weeks leave and even though he has to study a lot we are loving this lazy time. 
I should probably not be lazy again this next week. I need to go to the gym! Starting the begining of January I have signed up for 'bootcamp'. Bootcamp is a  6 week long program on post through the MWR (moral, welfare, recreation) with pylometrics, agility drills, running, and more. It is a 6 week program with 1 hour workouts, 5 days a week. There are consultations with personal trainers as well. I have heard bootcamp is no joke! There is tire flipping, rope climbing, ruck marches ect.  HOPEFULLY I will lose weight! I really want to do this, all of it, including eating better. The eating is the really hard part for me because I have a sweet tooth. Okay, its more like sweet teeth because I just want sweets all the time! I have read that the less you eat sweet the less you want them. I believe this but the getting started is the hard part and when it comes to food I am weak!!!! 
**any tips, trick, or encouragement is welcome!  Leave me a comment and let me know how you do it!**There are two gyms on post known as the little gym and the big gym (I am sure they have actually names but I like little an big) The little gym which is where I normally go is closed for the two week holiday break. I guess I will have to try something new and go to the big gym tomorrow...eeek I always hate going to a new gym because I feel lost and then I don't accomplish anything. Hopefully I can learn my way around quick!

(Random picture of James and I from our 1 year 'dating' anniversary this past June...Action Track in Destin, Florida)
 
I still need votes for my next hobby to tackle!!!!!! I believe the poll is working again because I received one vote today! So everyone vote and help me out! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment