Friday, December 21, 2012

Tell your friends about me!

As I am sure you read in the 'title' and 'about me' section of this blog...My name is Laney! I was born and raised in Indiana, the home of corn, beans, and basketball. I grew up in a small town of less than 5,000 people. After my 2007 high school graduation I left Clinton and enrolled at Ball State University, located in Muncie, Indiana home of the Cardinals! I majored in Athletic Training and graduated in 2011 with a Bachelor's degree! About a month after graduation I landed a pretty good job for a newly certified athletic trainer as the athletic trainer at a private school, preschool-senior, in Hopkinsville, Kentucky.  Around the time of my interview at UHA (the school I worked at) I met this awesome guy (James) online -yes, I said online- and we started texting. We went on a date while I was in Kentucky for my orientation and started dating not long after that. Hopkinsville is located very close to the Kentucky/Tennessee Border so I decided to live in Clarksville, Tennessee.  Ft. Campbell Army Installation is located in Hopkinsville and that is where James was stationed.  I knew very quickly that our relationship was not just some fling! In December after I moved to Tennessee James PCSed to Ft. Rucker in Enterprise, Alabama and I began making trips to visit! Boy is that a long drive! We decided that it was time for us to live together so I made the decision to leave my job and move to Alabama in June. James asked me to marry him in July and December 8, 2012 we got married in St. George Island, Florida on the beach! James and I have two wonderful pets Diesel (cat) and Optimus (dog). Diesel is pretty laid back and can sometimes be a little mean and Optimus is super cuddly, needy puppy with a head problem. Most people say cats have 9 lives. You never hear people say dogs have more than one life but Optimus proved that wrong when she had a seizure and her heart stopped. James and our roommate at the time gave her CPR and we took her to the vet! She now has medicine for her heart twice a day! We hate that she can't play too much but we are glad that she is better now!
As I said before James is in the Army. He is in training now to be a blackhawk pilot. He starts that course in January and then when he is finished around April-May we will be moving again. Not sure where yet, waiting on the Army to let us know. My days have been pretty boring up to now. I workout, clean house, and cook dinner but I am hoping to spice that up a bit with help from y'all. If you look over to the left of my page there is a poll for your opinions on what I should try to tackle next! Help me out! I love cooking. It is my new favorite thing to do! I am planning on posting recipes each day (leaving out the days we do duplicates). Feel free to post your favorite recipes as well! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all follow me! 

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment