Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve!!!!

"...Joy, unspeakable joy
And overflowing where no tongue can tell
Joy, unspeakable joy
Rises in my soul, never lets me go.."


 (The Lewellyn Christmas Tree 2012 - that's Diesel under the tree
 
 Christmas is always exciting but I think it is really exciting for us this year because even though we were dating last year this is the first Christmas we have actually spent in the same house (the same state actually) and this is our first Christmas as a married couple! We got a real Christmas tree which I have never had before! It smells so nice! This is the first Christmas I won't be spending with my family but with all the money we just spent on our wedding a trip to Indiana (my family) or Massachusetts (James' family) just wasn't in the budget. While I miss not being with family I like that we are doing our own Christmas and starting our own traditions! 
This morning James and I went to the commissary for the first time. It was funny trying to find everything. I never realized how I was used to the set-up of Wal-Mart. Turns out we missed an entire section where they have all the chips and water ect. They call it the warehouse section! oops! Things to remember for next time! 
Tonight we went to the candlelight service at church! LOTS of singing! I love the singing! 6 women sang Carol of the bells and it was amazing! I am going to post a link to Carol of the bells by 'Straight No Chaser' I think they are awesome!  


When we came home there was a box that the mail lady delivered form my parents so we opened our gifts tonight!   I got lots of Rachel Rae cookware! I LOVE it! and we got nerf disc shooters which of course means that we had a nerf war in the living room! They also got James Call of Duty Black Ops II which means I will probably talk to him sometime after new years...just kidding he played for a couple hours but now we are watching Family Guy Christmas Episode haha! 
I made cracker candy early. My mom makes this every year and I started making it myself my senior year of college. I call it cracker candy and If y'all are on Pinterest (which I am sure you are) you have probably seen it on there called Christmas Crack. If you take a look under the tab 'Laney's Recipes' I will post it for ya! It is sooooo good! 
 

Tomorrow I am going to make Cornish Game Hens made with garlic and rosemary! I have never made them before so here's to hoping they are good! Maybe I will remember to take a picture for y'all!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment