Saturday, December 22, 2012

Making New Friends

Today has been relaxing and stressful at the same time. I didn't really do anything today. I have just been hanging out watching tv and wasting time on Pinterest! My husband on the other hand has spent his day trying to figure out why my jeep won't run. He thinks he has it narrowed down to: the battery, the alternator, or the starter. I sure hope it is one of those because as much as I want a Hyundai Sonata a new car is not in the budget right now! 

We donated a bunch of household items to a needy man today. We went through all the storage we had in the garage and realized that we have went from two houses to one house and had double of a lot of things! What better way to get rid of them than to  give them to someone who can't afford to get them on their own.

I was reading another blog today and a topic that keeps popping up in my life showed up again..How hard it is to make friends as an adult.
This is so obvious in my life right now! I think it is hard for any adult to make friends but I think it is even a little harder for people like me. I am a stay at home wife of a soldier who moves ever couple years. So on top of not having the 'workplace environment' to meet people, I have to start the process over every couple years. 
I honestly think that making friends is harder than dating. It always seems awkward to ask someone of the same gender to go do something for the first time (like a date). We always have couples over for dinner but it seems like that is as far as the friendships go. How do you go from that step to hangin out with another wife? James and I have recently talked about how important it is that even though we are married that we each still have our own things and our own time. I don't mean this in a bad way at all but my husband is a loner. He is completely happy hangin out by himself. That is what he really likes to do, so for him having things to do without me is easy. Me on the other hand I like to do things with other people. I like to have people to talk to. I have been wanting to do a 'girls night' for some time now. The thing I am lacking is the group of girls to do that haha. I literally have zero people that I hang out with. There is one couple that we hang out with and that girl and I get along so well I can honestly say she is a friend. The problem there is that she is in the Army and Flight School just like My husband so her time is spent in class and studying. Which is very important so I completely understand that. 
I have met a couple ladies at the gym in my spinning class but I don't know how to get that from class to something else like lunch or drinks. My most recent idea has been to host a Scentsy party in January. I am a Scentsy consultant so this would be easy for me! I am going to give that a shot but if that is a bust I will be at a loss. 
**Any ideas/tips are welcome**

How do y'all make friends as adults?

Oh and everyone please vote on my poll to the left <------------ Help me decide what hobby to tackle next! :)

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment