Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Finding your brand..

Personal branding is a current trend. I don't know that I want to call it a 'brand' but I do want to be know for a few things. I am going to use myself as an example for branding yourself!

I have been reading about personal branding and it seems that the best way to start is by creating a list of things that you want to be known for. You want to choose only 4-5 things because if you get to many things going it will be hard for people to remember. You should also be honest with yourself. If you try to be someone or something your not then you have done all this for nothing.
Here is my list:
Kind
Honest
Fun
Great Wife

After you have found what you want to be known for you need to prioritize your list.

Honest
Great Wife
Kind
Fun

Develop your personal statement, like a mission statement.
This can be difficult to figure out. One way to do this is to talk out loud to yourself. Talk about why each one is important to you. Then take that information and develop a few sentences which will be your mission statement.

Honest: I think being honest is the only way to be. If I am not honest then I am not being true to myself. The only way to be happy is to be honest about what you want and honest about if you are getting that. Everyone should be honest with themselves and be honest with each other. Most conflict can be avoided if all parties are honest.
Great Wife: I do everything I can to be a great wife. Right now that means being more independent, cooking, cleaning, and being supportive of James while he is in flight school. What it means to be a great wife is going to change many times throughout my life but the best thing I can do is to go with it. Living an Army lifestyle can be very taxing on a relationship but I am committed, understanding, and adaptive so I know we will be fine.
Kind/Caring: I want people to realize that I am a kind, caring person who wants to always do what is right and help others. I have became a better person in the last year of my life and I want to help others to better themselves as well.
Fun: I think being fun in as many aspects of life as possible allows me to be happy! Finding the fun/playful things about a situation make it easier to handle even difficult situations. Being outgoing will also be a part of this. always having fun and trying new things.

Mission: I strive to be honest with myself and others, A supportive wife to my amazing husband no matter what situations are thrown our way. I try to be kind  and caring to everyone I meet, and a fun outgoing person in everything that I do! With these characteristics in my life I will be able to be helpful to others  while being true to myself.

Align your online identity with your personal mission. So often people don't think about what they are putting on their social media accounts. The things you say 'type' on your social media sites represents your and your brand. Think about if you were a stranger looking at your social media site. Would you see your mission or would you see something else.

I hope that this helps y'all to know a little more about personal branding!

No comments:

Post a Comment