Friday, February 1, 2013

catching up!

It's been an exciting week at the Lewellyn house. Okay not so much for me but James flew a Blackhawk for the first time on Tuesday! I am so excited for him. He is so amazing and I love when good things happen for him! 












My bootcamp class is still going strong. It is becoming a little easier to for me to complete the classes. I got a pretty awesome, by that I mean painful, bruise on my knee last week when we were doing the obstacle course. I tried to clear this large wooded object and didn't get my leg cleared over it but slammed my knee into it instead. Yeah, it felt great! 

This picture doesn't really show how dark the bruise got but you can see the size. ouuuchy! The great thing about bootcamp is that the jeans that didn't fit me 4 weeks ago fit me now!!! YAY! 

 
 This morning we did yoga out by the lake on post. This sounds like it would be very relaxing a tranquil. I also thought it would be. I love yoga and I love how it makes me feel. The difference with this mornings yoga was that it was 45 degrees F, there were helicopters flying over head, and explosives going off. I guess that is as relaxing as it gets on an Army base haha!




<--- Isn't this what you want to see on your way to go yoga by the lake?!

 



Last weekend we went hiking with some friends at Conecuh National Forest! It was fun! I think I want to go hiking more often! We walked 6 miles and I was pooped after that. If you live in the southern Alabama, Northern, Florida area I recommend that you visit this national forest you will enjoy it! 








I have been trying to cook healthier dinners which has lead me to start looking into Paleo meals. If you don't know what paleo is here you go: 
The paleolithic diet (abbreviated paleo diet or paleodiet), also popularly referred to as the caveman diet, Stone Age diet and hunter-gatherer diet, is a modern nutritional plan based on the presumed ancient diet of wild plants and animals that various hominid species habitually consumed during the Paleolithic era—a period of about 2.5 million years which ended around 10,000 years ago with the development of agriculture and grain-based diets. In common usage, such terms as the "Paleolithic diet" also refer to the actual ancestral human diet.[1][2]
Centered on commonly available modern foods, the "contemporary" Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, eggs, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and excludes wheat, grains, legumes, dairy products, potatoes, refined salt, refined sugar, and processed oils

I will post the three paleo recipes I  tried this week in the recipes tab of my blog. (Lemon Pepper Chicken, Magic Brownies, and Sweet and Sexy wings). I found an awesome website oh paleo meals you all should check it out www.paleomg.com 

Yesterday was awesome! For those of you that haven't read my other entries. I posted a while back about how difficult I find it to make friends as an adult and how hard I find it to make friends in a new place. But yesterday a girl from my bootcamp class had a get together for all of us to have lunch and hang out and it was so much fun! I normally don't enjoy hanging out with women because it always turns into them bashing other people and that just isn't my style. This group of women was not like that at all. They are all so fun and friendly! After yesterday I want to have a get together at my place for everyone like she did. I am thinking it would be fun to have a cupcake party. I can't figure out how to go about a cupcake party. I currently have three ideas. 
1- I could bake 3 or 4 kinds of cupcakes and have them ready when everyone gets here. 
2- I people either bake some cupcakes to bring or bring drinks
3- I could bake the cupcakes but not ice them and have each person ice their cupcake as they wish. 
Your comments would be much appreciated. 


Let me know what y'all think. I would love to hear from my readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment