Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fork in the road...

Ever since I quit my job to move in with James this past June I have been trying to figure out what my next move will be. When I first got to Alabama the plan was for me to get a small job, something such as working at a coffee shop or local store. That didn't pan out. It turns out having a degree can also keep you from getting a job. After a while I pretty much gave up on finding a job in Enterprise. Now that we are about to move again in a few months I am trying to figure out what I am going to do.  I am currently an Athletic Trainer but I am not sure that I want to continue pursuing that career. While I love the job and I love helping people, the schedule of that job doesn't work well with James' and I don't want to have a job where I never see my husband.
athletic training is also a job that gets little pay for a lot of work with little thanks for what you do. After working in a school for a year I realized that being 5'0 and young makes kids think you have no authority, making it very difficult to do my job. The problem is I haven't seen myself doing anything other than athletic training since I was a freshman in high school. I have so many ideas of what a good job for me would be that I can't get on one path. I have interest in photography, respiratory therapy, fitness instructing, and dental hygiene.  I am currently most interested in fitness instructing. This is something I enjoy and doesn't take as long to get certified as the others. I am for sure wanting to become a spinning instructor if nothing else. I love spinning class! I learned about a place where Army spouses can get money for schooling. To help them achieve careers that are easily transferable around the country. To apply for that  I have to gather all the information on all the classes I want to take and submit the information for approval. I guess the first step is figuring out what I want to do. While writing this I think I have already narrowed it down to photography and fitness. I know fitness is on the approval list but I don't think photography is. I guess that will help me to decide. Second step, wait on the army to give us orders so I can locate the schools I need to so I can complete the third step, typing out all the information and submit it! 

My puppy is loving this half way nice weather. The past two days she has spent a lot of time outside. I am finally starting to feel okay about leaving her outside by herself. Something I stopped doing when she had her 'episode' in July. Today I let her outside and watched her from the window. She was so cute laying in the sun! Oh my I just LOVE her! Her is a picture of her and my baby Diesel! I wish he could go outside too.

James and I stopped at the gas station on the way to church this morning and I saw a sign that I could not resist taking a picture of or resist showing all of you! I don't normally talk bad about the south so I am going to hope that this is just a poorly educated individual.


Well, I think that might all for tonight! Please Please Please leave me some comments with topics that y'all would like me to ramble about.

No comments:

Post a Comment